02 June 2011

sheppy's walking!


shepherd is growing up so fast!  in the past week he has really started walking (his first steps were around christmas time, but he's been taking his time).  & he's such a happy boy now!  he's had a few rough & frustrated weeks, & thus been whinier than usual, because he was on the verge of walking & talking & just couldn't quite get there.  he's been saying, "mama," "papa," and "ma" (for more food or drink) for months now.  but now he's saying, "bock!" with great excitement every time he sees a truck.  he loves trucks!  (friday mornings are his favorite--garbage truck day!)  

he's also just beginning to really like books.  now, first thing in the morning, he walks over to the bookshelf and picks up a book (usually one about trucks), brings it over to me & indicates that he wants up on my lap.  the other day we spent thirty or forty minutes reading the same truck book (before josh & heron were up), shepherd's voice gleeful the entire time, screaming, "bock!  bock!" the entire time.  the other night at our small group, corissa, who was watching the kids, said shepherd was entertained by a cookbook on her lap for half an hour, particularly excited by the dessert section!  it seems he's got my sweet tooth...

he's starting to mimic our words, too.  yesterday i was changing his diaper, and i yelled to josh in the other room, "hey joshy!  sheppy just said 'butt grease'!"  those would be josh's words for diaper cream, and somehow shepherd decided they would be among his first repeated words.  

here's a video of our newly, happily walking boy!



p.s. recently updated:  happy 3rd birthday, sweet little blue heron with a few words about who our little girl is at age three!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle! It was so great spending time talking to you this weekend! Eric and I were grateful to meet you and Josh and get to know you. Your blog is so nice! I love your pictures. You are really great at photography! I enjoyed the post about Shepherd. I remember you mentioning the 'butt grease' repeat word ha ha.

That's amazing you have been making amigurumi since you were 6! Wow! Isn't it fun to find out things like that? Baby powder to keep your yarn from sticking to your fingers because of the humidity? Lol! I bet those toys smelled wonderful because of it!

Ponyo is so cute! Kira loves it too. I have often thought of crocheting a little ponyo fish myself in the past. I have seen it done on the internet in a few pictures. They are really cute! We love all the Studio Ghibli films. Kira's favorite was Totoro when she was 1 years old, then it was Ponyo and now it's Howl's Moving Castle. I started watching Studio Ghibli films when I was 8 years old. The first one I saw was Nausicaa, which is still my favorite to this day!

I'd love to see some of your amigurumi creations on your blog. Today I was just working on a hermit crab. I am also trying to make barefoot sandals to sell on my etsy shop and in a salon. I'll post some pics for you to see when I am done!