15 December 2011


heron wakes at night with leg cramps.  growing pains, we think.  we hear her crying in the middle of the night & we soak her feet in warm water & massage her legs.  the other morning i was up before everyone, having some quiet time by the christmas tree lights, & in walked heron with her aching legs.  so we set up a little soaking station by the heater with snacks before dawn.    


2 comments:

Megan Winn The Binding Bee said...

Elle,

Not sure if this would help... but I use magnesium gel on my legs when they ache. And make sure that I am getting plenty of potassium. Bananas of course have lots, so does molasses. The combo of magnesium and potassium seems to keep my legs from cramping at night. Poor doll. Love you all!

keep growing said...

That happens to Israel, too. He isn't always fond of us intervening, though, so we put a rice bag on his legs. I remember leg pains as a kid. They hurt! But this looks like a super-sweet time of bonding with your kid!