15 February 2010

first days of four

: mother & son :

(that exhilarating first moment)

: first family portrait :

(heron slept through the whole thing! i started having sparse, painless contractions around her bedtime. the midwives arrived at midnight, right when "real" labor started. shepherd was born at 3:30, & the midwives left at 7:00 just as heron was waking up to a new sibling...)

: father son :


: brother sister :

(all heron's practice reading to her "babies" is already coming in handy)

7 comments:

Rebecca Bundy said...

Oh this has me in tears! M, your smile in those first moments of holding Shephard is so beautiful! And Heron reading to her little brother...I simply can't wait to meet him! Love, beCcA

Gman and Julz said...

Oh, what great pics! I love how Heron is connecting (and sleeping) through all of this!

Megan Winn The Binding Bee said...

oh... how amazing and lovely! So precious. I love that last one.

keep growing said...

Michelle, that picture of you and Shepherd is amazing and beautiful and truly wonderful. I teared up.

Unknown said...

Elle, that first photo of you two is stunning.

Anonymous said...

such big smiles!! congratulations again. these are just beautiful!!

Ella said...

oops that was me, Ella, not anonymous.