07 March 2008

Reminisce with JG...

Pat McCrory emailed me a few photos online today...
It got me thinking about a time period that for some of us will forever be called "The Muncie Glory Days". I got that far off look in my eyes while leaning back in my chair, and then went to digging for some of my old photos from this period also.  Currently my life is in a season of long stretches of solitude, and I've found myself missing old friends dispersed throughout the country more than ever before.  Nostalgia can be such a welcome shift to the equilibrium sometimes.  It lets our eyes look beyond the weight and the focus of the current moment that we're constantly straining to make sense of, and allows us the comfort of hindsight and perspective. So, this one goes out to all my interns, old roommates, and fellow Cornerstone workers of 2001 and 2002.  It was a special time in life, aye. 

Cornerstone 2002 Alliance World Coffee Crew.  Hot coffee on the hottest days of the year, Dirty Sanchezes, flip flops, and the Holy Spirit.
Intern deliberation intensity in the heat of summer...Note the skinny kid on the hood of the car...ZB?  "No, there was a fruity finish on the Yirgacheffe, but not a floral overtone".
Three MCs...Christman frosted and Bald Head Slick gettin' cute for the single church girls over 26.
Intern ZB 2001...He grew up listening to Public Enemy in the sticks.
Intern JG 2001...He grew up listening to Wu Tang Clan in the Burbs...hard. 


6 comments:

zack said...

Very aptly put: Public Enemy-sticks, WuTangClan - burbs.

Good times indeed. Loads of intimacy.

When was I that skinny?!

Gman and Julz said...

ooh, La, La... yes, nostalgia... such great memories... dang, I'm gettin' it in the gut - missin' you guys!... whew... movin' forward... I remember the Over the Rhine shows at midnight, nice. I still picture ZB this way in my mind, you mean he's not this skinny?

Lisa said...

Those times are forever engraved on my heart...

keep growing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
keep growing said...

I'm sayin' what G said. You mean Zb aint that skinny? What is happining?

gala bent said...

i know this has been up for a while, but i just have to say that it makes me warm and giggly every time... especially the comment about yirgacheffe. and... zb's not THAT skinny anymore, but he's recognizable :)