17 July 2007

garrels-salo family reunion

we just returned from a wonderful family reunion up north. we always have a beautiful time at josh's parents' home, & this time it was filled to the brim with beautiful people! i love being part of this family.



: josh with solomon :





: ezra + josh in a tree :



: bubbles :


: flying the kite at lake michigan :



: zack & gala :


: last family sauna :


: most of us : (marti was at work) :


this was one of our last visits to josh's home in granger before mike & marti move to seattle. i don't know if josh holds the same love & nostalgia for his actual house in granger that i did for my house in peru (SO hard to say goodbye to for the last time! but for all of you who know me well, i get exceptionally sentimental about lasts...), but the place certainly holds many memories for him. it's been a hub of so many family gatherings & activities over the years--a central location for the kids, cousins, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles to meet. & mike has planted a magnificent haven of green in their yard, & built a much-loved, much-used sauna. it's been such a warm & loving place to visit, so restful & fun, just 3 hours north--so wonderful to be near family during our season in indianapolis. we'll miss having mike & marti close by, but are SO excited for their new adventure! we'll be visiting (seattle) often!

4 comments:

J Sun said...

I didn't think it had been so long since I looked at your blog...it's pretty freaking hilarious and has definitely brightened up my day. Thank you for being wonderful charming lovely people and friends!!
Love Jason

amanda + daniel said...

i still like your hair. :)

beCcA said...

what a wonderful post! I concur with loving your hair - it looks wonderful, so bright and cheerful. I miss you both - time to catch up soon. Just bought a special f-ility software this evening... ; ) Love you!

PS you're right I really might need an extra merch girL in sepTember! Love that idea!

Gman and Julz said...

love the pics! And Josh's face in the sauna is Beet-red! Dang, dang... This is a big move! I can hardly believe it... well, life is just chalked full of transitions... I recently heard a quote, "we all live about 10 years in the past..." Don't know if i totally agree, but I understand the appeal... Oh, Love the hair, too! hope to see you soon!