all photos by parker fitzgerald
some of my favorite photos from the shoot didn't make it into the magazine, but you can take a peek at them on parker's blog. sweet!
this past july, josh & shepherd donned their warm winter gear, hopped into an old volvo station wagon with hot cocoa and an ax, & drove to cascade locks--an icelandic setting thirty minutes east of portland. the occasion? a photo shoot for kinfolk magazine's vol. 6. in the pacific northwest, you can take pictures for a winter edition way in the middle of july, & no one will ever know.
photographer parker fitzgerald, who goes to our church, was looking for a father & young son for a piece in the winter volume of kinfolk, the very day after i'd told josh my dream of having my own photographs in kinfolk someday. second best is having pictures of two of my favorite guys in it. these will be treasured family portraits for years to come.
if you aren't familiar with this gorgeous periodical, and you don't live in portland (where it's stocked at many boutique/independent retailers), you can pick it up at your local anthropologie or west elm store. you'll be hooked! you will subscribe! you will look forward to each new issue arriving in your mailbox for visual & culinary inspiration!
some of my favorite photos from the shoot didn't make it into the magazine, but you can take a peek at them on parker's blog. sweet!




2 comments:
Oh gorgeous! I'll have to buy that edition. Your boys clean up good! :)
Elle, this is wonderful. This edition was the very first one that I had ever owned. When I came on those pages, I thought, "that guy looks so much like Josh Garrels!". The more I thought about it, the more sure I was-- and now I know : ) What a wonderful set of photographs to have, you are right!
p.s. I am so thankful for your husband's music and for your willingness to share it, i.e. selflessly single-parenting while he works and tours etc. Whenever I see that he is on tour, I think of and pray for you. And, speaking of, I really, really hope that he has something scheduled for here in Portland soon!
Post a Comment