
a few days later, the snow melted & the river flooded its banks. bill said to keep a close eye on the river, because we might get stuck out here for a few days. but we decided that getting stuck out here really wouldn't bother us (we're homebodies anyway, we have a pantry full of food & an amazing kitchen, & we really kind of like spending 24 hours a day together).
: the trees we sat beneath in summer :

the waters have since receded, & new snows have fallen. here's the backyard scene i have as i sit at my art table...
so i guess there's hope for us--a jungle girl & a midwestern german-finn--& josh's dream to someday build a house (strawbale? cob? live in a yurt?) on the family's land up in michigan. i've always said i wouldn't be able to make it through the winter. this year i'm even making it through the winter with a happy heart.
6 comments:
i'm very jealous that y'all get to have a white christmas! we miss you...
except we'll actually be in YOUR neck of the woods for christmas, where it's in the 50s! we'll be in north carolina, just south of charlotte, with my folks for the holidays...
& we miss you, too!
I always loved winter growing up in the country.
When it snowed heavy all was quiet and stopped. all machines rested for a bit and you found yourself captivated by wonder and play.
I miss that silence I felt many cold winter sled nights in the dark when nothing was audible except wind and snow and my own breath.
I am waxing here...but it has been along time since I've known winter that way.
Thanks for reminding me...
I was in Kentucky last weekend... I thought to myself, "THIS IS THE COLDEST WEATHER IN THE WORLD!"... yes, i've become so soft... But i really resonate with ZBs comments, there is a special place in my heart, and psyche, that longs for winter... even with the snow here, I hanker to go skiing, its insatiable until I get to go... Love the pics, they remind me of 18th century landscape paintings...
I like this post :) how pretty...
Post a Comment